Monday, January 25, 2010

Heavenly Perspective

What is her name? When I first saw her she looked angry. She wanted to go in Starbucks but the Sheriffs were there. She started to walk in and stopped. She sat outside for a moment looking like she was trying to decide whether or not to go in. She was talking to herself and there was anger on her face. Had she faced these officers before? Did she think they would kick her out?

My feeling that I hoped was wrong is she needed the restroom for her fix. I hope I'm wrong. I just saw the driven look in her eye. I wonder where she is at and how she came to this place. I wonder if she is mentally ill or if her life been altered by substance abuse.

What is her story? Did she have a loving family or is she the product of a fallen society? Did she have parents who loved her so much and she loved the lifestyle more and walked away... or was she abused, lived in a family that never told her they loved her. Never hugged her, never told her she belonged.

Would my compassion change depending on her story? Should it? Not if I see her through God's eyes. God sees her lost... in need of a Savior. God loves her...He wants to rescue her.

Please let today be her day of rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment