Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tucker vs the Plunger

This morning as I was getting ready for work, Tucker my lab/rottie mix was walking through the bathroom and somehow saw the plunger in his vision. He stopped abruptly and his tail curled as if he was in tracking mode. He would lean in and try to get a whiff of the plunger (ewww!), then back up and let out a little cry in frustration because he couldn't seem to figure out if the plunger was another dog or a really short person. I sat back and watched this scene as Tucker was more and more distraught at this new discovery, wishing my family was here to see this.

Then the most precious thing happened. Tucker noticed where I was in relation to the plunger and his realized that he needed to protect me from this disgusting necessary evil in the restroom. The next thing I knew Tucker had put his back to me and he was standing facing the plunger, protecting me, ready to lunge if anything unexpected happened. In the face of danger, through his own fear, he would choose to save me first.

What a precious love you extend to me Tucker! Here I thought you would ward off intruders or boys who wanted to date my daughters, but you have taken it to a new level. Thank you Tucker for saving me from the evil plunger. I don't know what I would have done without you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment